Wednesday, June 1, 2011

The Name Game

So Kim Kardashian is choosing to ditch her last name, and that is shocking to us? I mean all we’ve heard about is how Kim is “desperate” to get married and how she wants her “fairy-tale wedding”, why wouldn’t she think to change her name? I understand that many celebrities decide not to do so because they still want to be recognized for who are they are and the work they have accomplished, but why is it such a big deal for her to change her name? I feel that it is most appropriate for her to do so because of how much she longed publically for her prince charming. Going along with the whole traditional marriage thing (and not getting married in a few short days quite like Khloe did) it would only make sense to change her name. From the article I read, it seems as though Kris Jenner doesn’t want Kim to change it, especially because of how much her name is worth to fans. But look at Kris Jenner, hers is changed too, isn’t it?

1 comment:

  1. I'm not sure how I feel about this whole name change ordeal. I don't believe that a woman should have to change her name because that just goes along with the heteronormative society we live in. Her name change should be left up to her and should have nothing to do with her fame.

    ReplyDelete