Tuesday, May 10, 2011


All we ever hear about today regarding the print media is that it is an antiquated source of information quickly becoming obsolete by digital forms of media. Newspapers left and right are going bankrupt or out of business so it would make sense if the magazine industry was suffering from the same type of hardships, but reading through my latest issue of Rolling Stone, I found this ad which states the exact opposite. I found it very surprising, especially the statistic about the amount of time spent on average reading magazines without consuming any other type of media. I personally enjoy magazines and I subscribe to both Rolling Stone and Spin. It is still surprising to me, however that magazines are thriving as much as they are. I still use the Internet very much for news and entertainment, but I tend to prefer sitting down and reading something in my hands over that. I hope that both magazines and newspapers continue to stay around because I don’t think that there is anything quite like going through a newspaper or magazine cover to cover with out the distractions and spastic nature of the Internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment