Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Gaga for GaGa?


To be completely honest, I am kind of getting sick of Lady GaGa. I mean, at first when she came out I was totally obsessed with her, but now I feel like she is just repeating the same stuff she always has done.


Let’s face it: she definitely transformed herself from being just an average singer to a mega celebrity where everyone knows her name. And I will give her credit for standing up for the Gay/Lesbian community. I think she really uses her form of celebrity for good, which most celebs don’t, and she really took a stance on something that she is passionate about. I personally really admire her for her dedication to this community and being vocal/public about her opinions, something many people are afraid to do.


But seriously. Basically her song “Born This Way” has the same background music of a Madonna song, she constantly changes outfits during awards shows, and she shows up in outrageous outfits. I admire her for the creativity, but after you have done something once, maybe its time to try something different. From now on, I am not surprised with anything that Lady GaGa does, because honestly, she is probably one of the most creative people ever.


I guess it’s safe to say that I am raising the bar for GaGa. Come up with new songs/background music and entrances to awards show. Maybe then I won’t be getting so sick of her and begin to admire her more like I did at the very beginning of her rise to fame.

No comments:

Post a Comment