Tuesday, May 3, 2011

A Royal Occasion

Finally, the Royal Wedding has come…and sadly, gone! At first, I couldn’t believe the hype that was stirring up in the media (just about every outlet for that matter). For example, FB groups, newscasts, celebrity outlet, magazine and website had just about EVERYTHING you would ever need to know about the wedding before it even occurred! I know that Kate wanted to keep her dress a secret, yet outlets such as E! and Extra insisted that they knew what it would look like. Everything from the flowers to the after party was reported on. I must admit, a few days before the big day, I found myself getting really nervous for the ADORABLE couple. For starters, we all know how cute Wills is, I remember having a huge crush on him from grade school on up. And Kate, she’s adorable too! It’s fun to think that she was just a “commoner” who is now “royalty”, it’s pretty much every girls’ dream to marry a prince, isn’t it? Anyways, after seeing parts of the wedding and catching all the buzz the next day, the couple looked great. Kate had the perfect and most appropriate dress, keeping it classy but still modern. I love how the Queen let them host an after party that was planned with the help of Kate’s sister, Pippa. I feel this couple is one that is sure to last and I wish nothing best the best for them. Cherrio!

1 comment:

  1. I didn't wake up extremely early in the morning, I did however catch it when it replayed later that day. And then I watched it a few more times. I'm just going to go ahead and be a girly-girl and gush about everything I loved about this wedding. Kate was beautiful, her dress was perfect, everything else was amazing. I think it's good that the Royals are still keeping the tradition of classic marriage going, even in today's society when marriage is becoming less common. I also heard on the radio that the entire wedding, which the Middletons are paying for, cost about $400,000!! Holy cow that's an expensive wedding. -RM

    ReplyDelete