Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Are you in good hands?


Every time I see an All State Mayhem commercial, I always find myself in a better mood. I don’t know what it is, maybe it is because every one seems to be getting better. And unlike the State Farm commercials, these keep everyone laughing for a long time.


Being a marketing major, I find these sets of advertisements to be the most effective. I think it maybe partially because there is a constant character, Mayhem, in every commercial doing a variety of things that can be done in real life, and that I can totally see myself or one of my friends doing. It seems like the advertisers who created these sets of commercials understand that having one main character throughout a series of different commercial campaigns is the most effective.


Each commercial uses different aspects to reach its target market, such as gender, to get the viewer to switch to All State. In this particular commercial, All State is targeting teenager girls (and possibly their families) to switch to All State to avoid a car accident while texting, even though I am pretty sure it is illegal.


Whether it is funny or relatable, one thing is for sure: All State’s Mayhem commercial campaign is quite possibly one of the most recognizable set of commercials, and anyone who watches them enjoys it.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Alex,

    I never thought about how the All State commercials target a different audience in every commercial let alone how successful it is. Furthermore, they are not only funny, but actually depict real situations. The State Farm commercials make up ridiculous situations about how state farm can help get you a new girlfriend or boyfriend, but not actually talk about how they can insure your car in necessary situations. Overall great job!

    ReplyDelete