Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Technological wizardry killed the TV star?

As I was checking my email earlier today I came upon the widget of the yahoo news which I am a devoted reader and viewer, and get my daily readings of news from there. Nonetheless the yahoo finance finally spoke to me and read that for the first time within the past two decades, there has been a decrease of television sets in U.S households. According to the site there has been multiple factors that has allowed for this occurrence to take place. The two major ones are the economic disparity that many families are faced with living in poverty and second, the immense popularity of growing up in the era of having a laptop. Young generations growing up with laptops and other devices rather than sitting in front of a TV set. The fact that poverty has played a role in how people are not able to get entertained by affording cable, new digital antennas or simply they cannot manage to have the luxury of a TV set, it puts the economic structure of the country in a very fragile place. The fact that “technological wizardry” has managed to surpass the actual TV set is amazing, but yet believable. I myself am usually glued on to my laptop about 40% of my day. I get my main doses of what the world is going through by it, although I do owe a TV set it’s hardly ever on. The world of advertisements can also be affected because it puts them to put their money on the Internet rather than viewing their product on the TV. Times in how media is being produced are sure changing, and the economy is just one factor in showing it.

article: http://finance.yahoo.com/banking-budgeting/article/112659/tv-ownership-nytimes?mod=bb-budgeting&sec=topStories&pos=4&asset=&ccode

No comments:

Post a Comment