Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Keepin' Up the "PACE"

So in honor of tonight’s phenomenal Bulls win, I think it would only be appropriate to talk about D. Rose and the rest of the gang’s move into the second round of the playoffs. Maybe I’m just excited to write about this topic because I just got home from the game (with no voice left, whatsoever). Anyways, for those non-basketball fans out there, my beloved Bulls beat the Indiana Pacers tonight to clinch a spot in the second round of the NBA playoffs. They were originally up 3 games to none, with an opportunity to sweep the Pacers on Saturday but didn’t take advantage of their chance. So apparently tonight the Bulls thought it would be a good time to put these Pacers to rest once and for all, and that’s exactly what they did. I could not contain my excitement at the game, I was literally acting as if I myself was part of the Bulls squad hitting 3-pointer after 3-pointer after 3-pointer. This then got me thinking…why is it so “weird” if a girl is into sports? Is this just a sexist thing that has always been part of society? Why are men thought of to be more athletic in general as well as more knowledgeable on sports topics while girls aren’t? Maybe it’s just me but I’m proud to know my sports facts, especially for my Bulls! Hopefully, the Bulls will be able to keep up the “pace” and continue on for another ring to add to the franchise’s collection!

No comments:

Post a Comment