Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Rolling Deep in the Rolling Stone Magazine


British singer/songwriter Adele graces the cover of Rolling Stone magazine for the month of April, looking stunning, if I may say so myself. In the article, she claims that she doesn’t have “time to worry about something as petty as how I look” and she also makes a jab at how other artists like to show their bodies and enjoy being seen as sex icons; but she explains that’s not her.

“I love seeing Katy Perry’s boobs and bum. Love it. But that’s not what my music is about,” she states. “I don’t make music for eyes.”

The ‘heartbreak superstar’ is one of the few singers nowadays who has much talent to showcase, more than her physical attributes. While many young popstars of today are seen on covers of magazines and in their own music videos in almost to no clothing, Adele gives her fans great vocals and sensational songs to forward to. At just 22, Adele is truly an inspiration breaking records sales and winning Grammys.

“I make music for ears,” she says, and we can’t help but enjoy listening.

- Eydie Guerrero

1 comment:

  1. Interesting how her focus is more so on the music, and as if to reflect that she is pictured in close up. Good point on how this distinguishes her from overly sexualized popstars.

    ReplyDelete