Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Yes, I know Saturday is after Friday.

I am sure that anyone with an Internet connection has managed to come across the painfully poor written song by Rebecca Black entitled “Friday”. The song is a complete joke, with mindless lyrics such as “gotta have my bowl, gotta have cereal” or “we, we, we so excited; we, we, we going to have a ball today” making the song not only terrible, but also completely grammatically incorrect. Also, the children in the video are 13 years old, why are they driving around in a convertible? Why are the girls dressed with skimpy dresses and why are they partying? I remember I would get dropped of at the movies by my dad and get picked up after the movie when it was over with my friends at the age of 13 on a Friday night. So I could only ask myself, who in their right mind would help this girl create this mess? Well, turns out the recording company is called Ark Music Factory. While looking over their website it pretty much leads to the understanding that the company charges these girls to help them create their music video and launch it, total amount? About $ 4, 000.
Therefore, if you have enough money to buy yourself a video they will be more than glad to take your money, throw a couple of rap lyrics done by one of the producers of the company in the mix and voilà you have yourself a video. To bad that when it got launched into youtube, everyone saw how horrible it really was and therefore it has become what it is now an Internet meme of laughs at poor production of music. The appreciation of authentic music talent seems to be deteriorating in this market where anyone with the money and resources can make their own “Friday”, the music industry has clearly come a long way down. Therefore, I leave this little piece of Stephen Colbert’s cover of ‘Friday’, which in all honesty I believe I enjoyed a bit more than the actual Rebecca Black cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment