Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Spears Can Hit Way More Than One More Time


OK, so I hate publicly admitting this, but I LOVE Britney Spears. I am obsessed with her music, especially her latest album. I think she is pure, musical genius. Her music can be inspirational and empowering to get up and dance (something I enjoy). As far as her personal life, well, lets just say that she has come a long way, and as far as I am concerned, she is a role model to many people for how she handled her meltdown.


Let me start with I looked up to her when I was in 2nd grade, which was about 12 years ago. That was when “Hit Me Baby One More Time” was what all us little elementary school kids were jamming out to, and all the boys of course, had crushes on her.


Now, lets fast forward roughly 8 years later. B Spears (as I refer to her) now has 2 adorable kids, and also 2 divorces. She also decides to shave her head and literally falls apart for the entire world to see, courtesy of the media. Now, I love my celebrity gossip magazines and E! News, but during B Spears’ mental breakdown, I couldn’t help to think “Didn’t think the media ever once think to leave her alone?” I know I would want my privacy if I was having personal issues, but it seemed like the media didn’t care.


Despite the unwanted media attention, B Spears’ pop stepped in and helped her get her life on track. Before her current album, she had another major record and a sold out tour. I am sure this album will be even bigger than the last one. And I, for one, will allow B Spears to hit me more than one more time.

No comments:

Post a Comment