Tuesday, April 26, 2011


In preparation for the Blackhawks game tonight, I find it suiting to write about Patrick Kane’s somewhat dwindling reputation. He is a phenomenal player, no doubt, but his outside the rink seems to be having an effect on his abilities on the ice. Compared to last season’s statistics, Kane’s goal points have fallen throughout this season. An article from NBC reported Kane missing two days of practice due to “flu-like symptoms,” but pictures of him out partying late into that previous Sunday morning later surfaced. IN 2009 he was charged with disorderly conduct in New York for assaulting a cab driver.

I understand that he is a 22-year-old NHL millionaire, but I can’t help but wonder if all his partying is taking a toll on the team. The Hawks barely made it into the playoffs this year, and were losing 3-0 to the Vancouver Canucks in this series before fellow team mate Dave Bolland came back to save the day. He’s a good looking guy, in my opinion, but I think that a lesson in humility would do him some good. He’s wasting his potential on boozing around Chicago and flaunting the fact that he shot the Stanley Cup winning goal last season.

With that said, I think the media should stop focusing on everything Kane is doing (even though he draws attention to himself everywhere he goes). With a personality like his, the media is only making matters worse because he loves the attention.

NBC article:

http://www.nbcchicago.com/blogs/madhouse-enforcer/Why-The-Patrick-Kane-Story-Matters-116550173.html

Patrick Kane's statistics:
http://blackhawks.nhl.com/club/player.htm?id=8474141&view=stats

2 comments:

  1. Oops, forgot to add a title. Patrick Kane: Blackout-Hawk?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I personally think that Patrick Kane is gorgeous, but I have heard stories from people, who have had friends who were picked up by Kane or picked up by him himself, that he is quite the partier/ladies man. Growing up as an athlete, I remember when I was in season I had to be 110% dedicated to my practices and competition, something that it appears he is not doing. Although he is an extremely gifted player (I guess on and off the ice), I think he either needs to decide what's important in season, or take a season off to live his "party" years since he didn't go to college.

    ReplyDelete