Tuesday, April 12, 2011

When Aren't the Kennedy's Controversial?

http://youtu.be/HGf8pWpZ35k

Much controversy has been surrounding the 8-part miniseries that takes a never before seen look into the lives of Americas only royal family, the Kennedys. The History Channel was signed up to take on the miniseries, but after viewing it they found it to be far controversial and not a suitable show for their channel. They also received backlash from the remaining Kennedy family members. The History Channel did not want this show to blur the image of it’s brand due to the fact that the show takes things that are speculated about the Kennedys and paints them as accuracies. After watching the show, which I believe is great, I can understand why the History Channel made the decision it did. The show touches on mob dealing, JFK’s affairs, and Jackie O’s addiction to prescription medicine, all things that make the family look less than perfect. I found it interesting that the show was picked up by the Reelz channel which is a station that not many people have heard of or were not even sure if they were subscribed to. I know when I heard that I knew that was not a part of our listings here at DePaul. I believe the show would’ve been more successful if it had been aired on a more popular channel

No comments:

Post a Comment